List of active policies
In order to provide online learning services the Innovation South Virtual Campus needs to process your data.
Why does the Innovation South Virtual Campus need to have my personal details?
We collect and process a range of your personal data. This includes your first name, last name, and email address. This information is used:
- to create an online account, which will be used to identify and authenticate you when you visit the site;
- for the purpose of assigning training and development services to your learning account;
- for reporting on training that has been completed;
- to send reminders to you to complete online learning.
We rely on one or more of the following grounds to legally collect and use your personal information:
- The data is necessary for the performance of the contract that we have with you (i.e. to provide our services to you);
- You have consented to the use of your personal information by us (Additional Services, as explained below).
Where we rely on your consent to process any of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time.
ISVC and eM3 may wish to contact you for the following reasons:
- to send you additional information about support they provide.
- to send information on new courses available on the platform.
You will be asked to opt into these additional services. You may opt out at any point through your profile.
Who has access to my personal information?
The only people who will have access to your personal information on the e-learning system are:
- SkillSet LTD, the company who provides support and hosting for the site.
- Enterprise M3, who fund the project.
- Sparsholt College, who are the lead provider on the project.
How is my personal information kept safe and secure?
All of the data you submit to this site is secured using HTTPS and held on encrypted volumes within Amazon Web Services’ ISO27001 certified UK data centres.
How long is my personal information is stored for?
We will keep your information for the life of the project, until 2025, but it will be archived for a further 25 years in case it is required for to audit funding arrangements.
How can I complain about the use of my personal information?
If you want to complain about the use of your personal information, you can contact the person responsible for the site, or the person responsible for data at Sparsholt College. Their contact details are below.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your information.
The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. The ICO website is https://ico.org.uk.
For further information:
If you have any questions about this policy or the ways in which we use your personal information, please contact our data protection officer by mail at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 01962 673288.